If you’re managing a Magento store and trying to succeed with online e-commerce you will find value in analyzing how the checkout process is working with your online customers. Google Analytics provides one of the best tools for observing and quantifying how well customers handle your checkout process through a feature called Funnel Visualization.
The Funnel Visualization report allows you to take a step beyond simply looking at total conversions and overall conversion rate as a part of website performance analysis. When setting up a conversion to track, be sure to think about all of the final steps that you can also track the process.
After setup you can track the following things:
- How many people reach a Checkout page
- How many people have viewed a minimum of pages on your website
- How many people have triggered an event (such as watching a video)
- How many people leave from cart page
- How many people place an order
Get more with Hourlie Add-ons
Project requirements to start the work
Google analytics ID & password
Website Admin/FTP/cPanel details
Magento Admin logins